Thursday, April 18, 2013

I have been buying lots of vegetables of all delights.
I am grateful that I have access to fresh fruits and vegetables all year long.
But, what does one do with these ties that once served purpose.
Much of our lifestyle is like this.  Wrapped in a plastic or cardboard or wire.
We use it once and then toss it away.
I keep things for along time before I toss.  This is what I think is called a collection.
And eventually I get tired of collecting.
I either find a use for or toss "away".
Where is away?
I found this video of interest to begin to understand/talking about what I feel and need help processing and making changes:

Disposability Consciousness with Julia Butterfly Hill

In this video, Julia is addressing (my thoughts when I think about this pile of paper covered wire twist-tie that I have no idea what to do with) the damaging effects when I throw "away".
Where is "away"?
She addresses more than just this pile of trees and metal (in the form of twist-ties) and now destine for the landfill(maybe).  She addresses our consciousness and how it relates to the larger issues that are plaguing our society(and World) today.
I hope that you will find time to watch her in video.

And, If you have any serious ideas on what I can do with these twist-ties...
Please share.
One of my ideas is to talk with the local people and ask that they don't bundle and we pay for it by the pound and we bundle our own food in our reusable vege. bags. Which is usually the case when we buy at the local Farmer's Market that just started back-up this Saturday.


Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment